Degrees and Certifications:
BA Kinesiology Southeastern Louisiana University
Mr. Jacob Thompson
Welcome to my class. This is my 22nd year of teaching and my 17th year at St. Rose Elementary School. I am looking forward to teaching your student. I will teach P.E. & Health this year.
Dear Parents/Guardians & Students,
I would like to welcome you to a new, exciting, and productive school year. Your child’s Physical Education teachers this year will be Joe Schick and Jacob Thompson. Your child will attend Physical Education classes twice a week.
Our Physical Education program is well balanced, including a variety of skills and activities centered on the physical development of your child and they will learn about playground safety, bus safety, fire safety, & other issues dealing with safety. Students will also have the opportunity to learn basic skills in sports such as football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball/softball, as well as other sports often played around the world.
Your child will receive a grade of S or N in P.E. This grade is based on participation, cooperation, and proper attire. S or N will also be given in conduct which is based on self control and respect for others.
General P.E. Rules
Tennis shoes and socks are required on P.E. days for safety reasons (NO CROCS , FLIP FLOPS or BACKLESS SHOES). Students not wearing tennis shoes for P.E. will be unable to
participate in activities which will result in a lower participation grade.
Belts must be worn if pants have belt loops and pants must be worn at the natural waist. All shirts MUST be tucked in.
Gum, candy, and jewelry (hanging earrings, large medallion chains, false fingernails, etc.) are not allowed for safety reasons.
Purses, wallets, and toys are not allowed in P.E. We are not responsible for personal belongings.
Anytime your child needs to be excused from participation due to illness or injury, a note from home is required. A note from home excuses your child for only one day. If the illness or
injury is longer than one day, a doctor’s note will be required.
Enrichment Classroom Rules
- Remain quiet during instructional time.
- Listen to and follow all directions to ensure safety.
- Use all P.E. equipment properly.
- Display good sportsmanship and respect others.
- Students must ask permission to leave classroom or P.E. area.
* Sit Behind your number quietly crisscross apple sauce.
* Keep hands and feet to yourself, do not touch anyone in the class.
* Do not laugh, call names, or make fun of anyone in class.
* When Coach is talking students are to be quiet and listen.
* When the whistle is blown line up immediately!
Here you can find Physical Education activities or programs students participated in during classes at St. Rose Elementary.
- Baseball/Softball/TeeBall (with gloves)
- Golf (putting/driving)
- Table Tennis/Ping Pong
- Tennis/ Badminton
- Frisbee Golf
- Speed Stacks
- NFL Punt, Pass, & Kick Competition
- Saints Junior Training Camp
- Laps ( Mileage Club)
- Balance beams/ Balance Boards
- Fitness Gram Testing (Curl Ups, Push Ups, Trunk Lift, Pacer Run, Flexibility)
- Speed Ladders
- Speed Chutes
- Pull ups
- Geo Fitness
- Fitness Equipment
- Wii Games (Just Dance 2 ,3, & 4 Just Dance Kids 1& 2, Just Dance Disney, Wii Fitness, etc.)
- Jump Rope (American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart)
- Hula Hoops/ Trampoline
- Pogo Sticks
- Tilt Walkers
- Walking Cans
- Hoppity Balls
- Moon Shoes
- Hamster Wheels
- Cooperative Blanket
- Pedal Boards
- Health Units
- Movement Activities (Relays, Races, Different Movement Activities)
Life Long Games
- Air Hockey
- Horse Shoes
- Blongo Balls
- Corn Holes
- Bean Bag Toss
- Roller Racers
- Radio Flyers Ziggle
- Trike Bikes
- Net Balls
- Fox Tails
- Fire Safety
- Bus Safety
- Dental Health (Growing Up Fit Together Educational Opportunity)
- Playground Safety
- The NED Show (Never give up,Encourage others, Do your best)
- Talking to Strangers
- Fire Department (St.Rose)
- St. CharlesParish Sheriff Department(SWAT Team)
- NFL Play 60
- Fitness Gram Testing
- (PP&K USA) Punt, Pass, & Kick Competition
- Saints Junior Training Camp
- American Heart Association (KIDS Heart Challenge)? formally Jump Rope for Heart
- Rising New Yourk Road Runners