WELCOME TO THE SCHOEFFNER ELEMENTARY LIBRARY
Welcome to my library. This is my 31st year of teaching and my 9th year as librarian at Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School. I am looking forward to introducing your child to quality literature and teaching them how to research and find information.
WE'RE CLOSED BUT KEEP READING!
- Our library owns 44 electronic books that you can read at home on your device. To read them:
- Go to the library catalog link and open our Destiny catalog.
- Click on "Catalog: at the top and then "Resource Lists" on the left hand side.
- Choose the E-BOOKS resource list
- When you see a book on the list that you'd like to read, click "Open" in the box next to the title.
- A log-in box will appear. You'll type in Ethel Schoeffner Elementary for school,. Our user ID is "schoeffner" and the passoword is "sharks".
- Click "Log-In" box.
- Your book will appear. Click on the "Open Now" box to read it.
LINKS TO FUN RESOURCES:
https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/ (LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems)
https://www.storylineonline.net/library/ (Click on the book you want read, then choose "YouTube" and you'll watch a video of a celebrity reading the book.)
https://rangerrick.org/stuck-indoors/ (free access to read Ranger Rick magazines)
PLEASE BE SURE TO ACCESS THE HOME LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE ON THE SCPPS GOOGLE SITE:
The ESE School Library Media Center and its staff provide an environment which ensures that students and school personnel are engaged, effective users of ideas, information, and technology.
Library Information and Access
7:45 a.m.-2:55 p.m.
Students visit the library to learn library and information literacy skills. Students check books out when their class visits the library and on an "as needed" basis.
Students are allowed to check out three books at a time from the library. Books may be checked out for two weeks, and they may be renewed for an additional two weeks.
When books are overdue, no fines are assessed; however, students will not be able to check out further books until overdue books are returned or paid for.
When books are returned, they should be placed in the book return.
The library offers students computers with supervised access to educational software.
As a part of supervised Internet use, students have access to WorldBook Online and Infotrac databases. These databases may also be accessed at home by clicking on "Online Resources" on the library home page menu. Enter the username and password given to you by Mrs. Feaheny.