Parents/guardians can now apply for the St. Charles Parish Public Schools' Head Start & Pre-K Programs.
Click here to access the application. Documents may be uploaded to accompany the online application or hard copies of documents can be provided in person.
After the 2021 Mardi Gras holidays, paper applications will be available for pickup at the School Board Office and the program sites listed below.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT 1ST COME, 1ST SERVED.
ELIGIBILITY AND PLACEMENTS ARE BASED ON AGE, RESIDENTIAL AREA, AND INCOME.
- Allemands Elementary
- East Bank Head Start
- G. W. Carver Head Start
- Luling Elementary
- Mimosa Park Elementary
- New Sarpy Elementary
- Norco Elementary
- Rose Elementary
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE 3 or 4 YEARS OF AGE ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2021.
FREE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE 4 YEAR OLD PROGRAM.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION NEEDED WITH APPLICATION:
- CHILD’S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- CHILD’S SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
- CHILD’S MEDICAID/INSURANCE CARD
- CHILD’S IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S IDENTIFICATION
- A PRINTED COPY OF THREE (3) RECENT CHECK STUBS (CANNOT BE FROM THE CURRENT MONTH) or EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER/ W-2 FORMS/ UNEMPLOYMENT/ VERIFICATION OF WORKMEN’S COMPENSATION (FOR EACH WORKING PARENT IN THE HOME)
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY - A printed copy of two different utility bills in the parent’s or guardian’s name is needed (electric, gas, or water) or one bill and a lease in the parent’s or guardian’s name with the student’s name listed. Disconnect notices will not be accepted. If the utility bills are not in your name, you will be required to apply for Temporary Residence with the Child Welfare & Attendance Department to verify proof of residency. Beginning March 1, 2021, completed Temporary Residency Applications (including all required documents) should be dropped off in the outside drop box, located to the left of the entrance doors at the School Board Office – 13855 River Road, Luling, LA 70070. They may also be mailed to the Child Welfare and Attendance Department at the school board office. Call (985) 785-3149 with any questions. Final placement will not be official until residency is approved.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION NEEDED IF APPLICABLE:
- CUSTODY ARRANGEMENTS - SIGNED BY A JUDGE
- A PRINTED COPY OF FAMILY’S FOOD STAMP LETTER/ TANF
- VERIFICATION OF ALIMONY OR CHILD SUPPORT
- VERIFICATION OF SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS
- DOCUMENTATION SHOWING CURRENT STATUS AS A RECIPIENT OF PUBLIC ASSISTANCE
- COPY OF SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT OR VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT IF ONE OR BOTH PARENTS ARE IN SCHOOL
ALL INFORMATION MUST ACCOMPANY THE COMPLETED APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
Beginning on February 22, 2021, APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN-PERSON FROM 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM AT THE SITES LISTED BELOW (No Appointment Needed):
G. W. CARVER EARLY LEARNING CENTER
337 GUM STREET, HAHNVILLE, LA 70057 (985) 783-6617
EAST BANK HEAD START
13292 RIVER ROAD, DESTREHAN, LA 70047
If you need assistance, call the numbers listed above between 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2021, to be considered for the 1st round of student selections.