St. Charles Parish Public Schools Head Start Programs are accepting applications. Applications can be picked up at G.W. Carver Early Learning Center, the School Board Office or downloaded from the website at the "Network Application" link to the left.
The following information must be submitted with applications:
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate
- Custody Arrangements Signed by a Judge
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s Insurance/Medicaid Card
- Child’s Current Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian’s State Issued Identification or Driver’s License
- Three recent Check Stubs (Not including the current month/Employment Verification Letter/W-2 Form/Unemployment/Verification of Workmen’s Compensation (For each working parent in the home).
- Food Stamp/TANF Verification Letter (If applicable)
- Verification of Alimony or Child Support (If applicable)
- Verification of Social Security Benefits (If applicable)
- Documentation showing Public Assistance Status (If applicable)
- Proof of Residency: A copy of two of the following utility bills: electric, gas or water. Disconnect notices WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If utility bills are not in the parent/guardian’s name, verification of residency must be made through the School Board Child Welfare & Attendance Office by calling, 985-785-6289.
- If parent is in school (High School/College/etc.): Provide a copy of School Transcript/School Schedule or Enrollment Documentation (as applicable)
ALL INFORMATION MUST ACCOMPANY A COMPLETED APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED MONDAY-FRIDAY from 8:30 AM – 2:45 PM.
Please be aware that transportation is NOT provided for children in the Early Head Start Program (Birth – 2 ½ Years of Age).
Return completed application in person with the necessary documentation to:
G.W. Carver Early Learning Center
337 Gum Street, Hahnville, LA 70057
(985) 783-2305 or (985) 783-6064