Transporting Students with Special Needs
It is our goal and priority to ensure your child has a safe, comfortable, and successful ride to and from school. Below are some helpful tips and information:
- Please give bus operator/monitor up to date phone numbers or emergency contacts
- Meet the bus upon arrival to your house or designated bus stop
- Please share any tips with the driver that may help the student during transport
- Keep the loading and unloading area free and clear of vehicles, trashcans, and unnecessary debris.
- Once an IEP is completed, please allow up to 10 days for the Transportation Department to get all equipment needed and the student assigned to a bus.
- Bus Operator or Monitor will contact parents/guardians to set up an approximate time for pick up and drop off.
- Special transportation routes are spread out; please allow 10 min variation before and after the scheduled time.
- Students with special transportation will be picked up door to door. If routes allow we will pick up on door side.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s special transportation needs, please call Lainey Vicknair, Routing/Special Needs clerk at 985-785-7233 or email email@example.com.