Bus Rules & Safety Tips
Safety is our number one priority! Below you will find our Bus Rules and Safety tips that provide our students with the safest ride to and from school. In addition, please download our parent letter that includes additional information on bus rules and procedures.
Bus Stop Rules
- Bus stops may change from year to year. Bus operators, with the assistance of our routing program, will assign bus stops the first week of school. Bus stops may be assigned at corners.
- High school and middle school students may be required to walk up to 2 tenths of a mile, and Kindergarten through 5th-grade students may be required to walk up to 1 tenth of a mile.
- Students should be outside at the bus stop 5-10 minutes prior to the bus arriving, and be prepared to enter the bus when it stops. You must be outside and visible when the bus stops. The bus will not wait.
- Parents are encouraged to be outside with elementary students before the bus arrives and be visible when the student returns.
- Any student not having a “10 and under Form” on file will be returned to school if no one is visible. Please visit the Find My Bus Stop page to download the form.
- For the safety of all students, ONLY SCPPS employees are allowed on the school bus.
Cell Phone Use on the Bus
- Inappropriate use of any cell phone or other electronic device is prohibited while on the school bus and may result in disciplinary actions. This includes, but is not limited to, playing music or videos, taking pictures, and talking on the phone so that others can hear the conversation.