• Looking to start an after-school or summer job? 


    If you are between the ages of 14-17, you MUST have a permit to work on file with your employer.

    • Download, complete, and print this form:  Application to Employ a Minor
    • Give the form to your prospective employer to complete.
    • After it's filled out, have a parent or legal guardian sign it.
    • Take the completed form along with proof of age to the School-to-Career office or school board office (summers/after school hours) to apply for an employment certificate.
    • Be aware that certain hourly restrictions do exist. Discuss these restrictions with your employer.
    • Bring the original employment certificate to your new employer.