LA Workforce Commission

Work Permit Instructions

  • Looking to Start a Summer or After-School Job?

    If you are 14-17 years old:

    • Application to Employ Minors Form (Open link to the left)
    • Give the form to your prospective employer to complete.
    • After it's filled out, have a parent or legal guardian sign it.
    • Take the completed form along with proof of age to the HHS School to Career Office or Main Office or the SCPPS School Board office to apply for an employment certificate.
    • Be aware that certain hourly restrictions do exist. Discuss these restrictions with the issuing officer and/or refer to our informational booklet which is available upon request.
    • Bring the original employment certificate to your new employer.