The organization and administration of education in the St. Charles Parish Public School System shall be that which meets the needs of the student, the community and the society. It will also fill the purpose for which the school system was organized.
- Developing and adopting educational policies which are executed by the superintendent,
- Receiving recommendations from the superintendent and his staff and making decisions involving matters such as school construction, budget priorities, additional funding, instructional programs, school calendar, personnel and insurance for all personnel,
- Hearing final grievances within the school system,
- Working with local, state, and national legislators in expressing and representing the views of the school community in educational matters, and
- Being available to the public for input and questioning.