The mission of the PTA is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting our children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public school of this nation.
Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.