The Learning Center
The Learning Center is a great opportunity for free academic support. We offer after school tutoring to all grade levels and multiple courses. Students can attend TLC to make up assessments, study for upcoming assessments, or simply work on homework assignments. If students are unsure of how to sign-up, they should ask any teacher, counselor, or administrator. TLC is an extension of the school day. If students do not follow the TLC rules, they will lose the privilege to attend TLC. TLC, is an extension of the school day, and students are expected to follow Destrehan High School ROARS Expectations.
The Learning Center is open Mondays through Thursdays from 2:20 - 4:30 in the upstairs B-Building. Sessions are available in these areas of concentration:
- DHS WiFi availability
- Math (all subjects)
- Social Studies
- ACT Prep (all subjects)
- IBC credentials
- Advanced Placement
Rules and Expectations
Reserve your spot:
- Students must sign up in advance (by NOON that day) for TLC sessions to reserve your seat. The Google (reservation) form is on the TLC Google Classroom page. The classroom codes are ci2arow for classes of 2023 and 2024 and dcrvcyz for classes of 2025 and 2026.
Expectations for students attending TLC sessions:
- Sign up for TLC in advance (before 1:00 PM daily).
- Arrive in the upstairs B-Building by 2:20. Students will not be allowed to enter after 2:25.
- Bring your own ChromeBook and charger.
- 2023-2024 DHS ID is required to enter.
- School uniforms must be worn.
- Food is not allowed.
- Phones will be collected in the TLC classrooms.
- Students must have academic work to do.
- Students will be dismissed at 4:20 to load the buses.
- If students need to leave early, they must be checked out through the front office or have a parent note on file.
- Seniors and juniors with permits to park on campus may leave early.