Degrees and Certifications:
BA Elementary Education (grades 1-8) Louisiana State University
Mrs. Christina Lipari
This is my 20th year teaching in SCPPS and my 19th year at St. Rose Elementary School. I work with small groups of 3rd, and 4th grade students. The focus of my literacy lessons are: reading fluency, learning to read and comprehension strategies. I look forward to helping my students foster a love for reading!
I hope you have a great summer break and enjoy spending time with your family. As you set goals for the next school year, please remember how important it is to practice being a good reader, writer, thinker, speaker and listener. Remember to schedule time to READ, READ, READ!!!! Below are some things you can do to continue to develop your reading skills:
- Read to your parents. Read to your siblings. Read to your pets. Read to your favorite stuffed animal.
- Remember reading aloud helps us to build good fluency practices. Good fluency practices include: accuracy, pace, phrasing, volume, smoothness and expression!
- Don't forget to work on comprehension as well. Stop and share your inner voice! Share your thoughts and feelings about the books you are reading and activities you are completing with your family.
- Be a good listener by following directions and doing your part as a responsible family member.
- Keep a journal by taking time to write about your day, write a letter to someone, create a poem and/or write a fiction story.
- Don’t forget to utilize Myon and Lexia.
Here is your challenge: try to reach the level of the grade you will be entering next school year!
Grade 3: levels 13-15
Grade 4: levels 16-18
Grade 5: levels 19-21
"Reading gives us some place to go, when we have to stay where we are!" ~ Mason Cooley