The Counseling Department at Destrehan High School follows the Comprehensive Developmental Counseling Program established by the Louisiana Department of Education. All DHS counselors are certified and/or licensed counselors with unique qualifications and skills to address all students’ academic, personal/social and career development needs.
DHS students are alphabetically assigned to each counselor by the student's last name.
Amanda Bourgeois A-D email@example.com
Bonny Maise E-K firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Schexnaydre L-Robe email@example.com
Robin Valerius Robi-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeannine Taylor Special Assignment email@example.com
The mission of the Destrehan High School Counseling Department is to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program to address students' academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal and social needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
The Destrehan High School Counseling Department strive to empower all students to reach their maximum potential by using a comprehensive program that addresses academic, personal/social, and career goals. We will promote an environment to encourage self-awareness, personal growth, social responsibility, and academic excellence. School counselors believe that every student can succeed through the collaborative efforts of school, home, and community leading to responsible and productive citizens.
The school counselors at Destrehan High School believe:
- All students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their academic, personal, social, career and community goals.
- All students can achieve and be successful learners.
- The school counseling program is a critical component within the school system and is integral to the academic, personal/social, and career development and progress of each student.
- Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- School counselors should pursue opportunities to develop their professional competencies to ensure the provision of a quality school counseling program.