Parking Application Instructions
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Students who attend the Satellite Center
- Seniors with Early Release
- Seniors involved in a sport or extracurricular activity, staying after school 3 or more days per week.
*Priority is first given to Satellite Center & Early Release students. Please understand that we have over 300 seniors, but only 200 spots available for student parking on the DHS campus. Non-Satellite Center Juniors need not apply. (Juniors if you do not attend the Satellite Center please do not apply at this time).
- What must be included with the application?
- Copy of driver’s license (#02 Restrictions will not be considered)
- Copy of vehicle insurance
- Copy of Fall schedule
- Completed application form with all necessary signatures
- DHS Student Car Registration
- Search & Seizure Consent Form
- Loss of Driving (return one and keep one)
- Permission Slip to Drive Other Students
- Parking Instructions (return one & keep one)
*Have all copies before submitting the application. The office will not make copies.
Deadline: Tuesday, July 26th by 2:30pm (no exceptions)
Return to the Administration Office
A list of approved applicants and their assigned parking spaces will be posted on August 3, 2022 in the administration portable.
Approved students may purchase the decal for $10 on the following days August 3rd – 5th, 2022 between the hours of 8:00am – 2:25pm
You may not park on campus until your decal has been purchased.
Please adhere to the parking procedures in the student handbook and this parking application packet for retaining your decal.
TO: Students Requesting Parking Permits/Stickers
FROM: Kurt Menyweather, Administrative Monitor
RE: Parking Stickers Fall 2022
The following information must be supplied to the school before your request for a parking permit/sticker can be considered. You will be allowed to park on campus after your application is approved and you have received a sticker.
- First priority is given to early release and satellite center students. Priority is then given to seniors who participate in extra curricular activities that require the senior to stay after school at least three (3) days a week.
- You must provide your parents’ phone number and the best time to contact them on the application.
- Turn in a signed search and seizure consent form.
- Attach Xeroxed copies of your driver’s license, proof of insurance, and your current semester’s class schedule to your application. The office will not make copies.
- If the student will be driving other students to and from school, he/she must have a permission slip signed by the parents of the driver and parents of the rider.
- Parking on school grounds is a privilege, not a right.
- The cost of a parking sticker is $10.00. If a different car is to be used during the school year, a new sticker must be purchased. The original sticker must be returned in order to get a new sticker.
- Those students who do not have early release or who do not attend the satellite center, may have to relinquish their parking permit at the end of the semester and will receive a $5 refund. There is a shortage of parking space in our lot.
- Parking permit applications must be returned by Tuesday July 26, 2022 at 2:30 p.m., to the Main Office. If your sticker is granted, you must follow the procedures in the handbook and application forms for keeping your sticker.
- Parking permit applications will be evaluated and permits may be picked up on textbook distribution days by the applicant or a parent. Approved applicants will posted on the door outside of Mr. Menyweather’s office and/or contacted through a Connect Ed message from the school.
- Parking Permits are only good for 1 semester. Applications must be renewed.
If all of the above requirements are not met, your application will not be approved.
Keep this Form