- All students are expected to be prompt for TLC sessions. Seniors must adhere to these same rules for TLC entry.
- Students can only enter a TLC session at 2:30, 3:30, or 4:30. Students who are late need a signed note from a teacher, coach, or sponsor.
- Students may change sessions only at 3:30 or 4:30.
- Students must remain at TLC until bus transportation is available at 4:30 or 5:30 unless early dismissal procedures are followed.
- A student must stay at TLC until bus transportation is available (4:30 or 5:30) unless these early dismissal procedures are followed:
- A student must be signed out in the front office by a parent or responsible adult who has been approved by the parents and is listed on the student’s emergency card.
- A student must present a signed, dated parent note (with a contact number) requesting dismissal when work has been completed.
- A student may sign out to attend a sports practice or other school activity. Students must note activity on TLC sign-out sheet; this activity will be verified by TLC coordinator.
- Seniors may sign out upon completion of assignments. Seniors must leave campus at this time.
- Students must wear school-issued IDs and follow dress code rules at all times.
- No restroom passes will be issued before 3:00. Students may use the TLC pass ONLY for the restroom (not to teachers’ rooms, the lockers, or the office).
- Students must bring all appropriate materials to TLC. If a student completes assignments early and has nothing else to do, he/she will work on ACT or WorkKeys online . CALCULATORS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED IN TLC.
- Since TLC is an extension of the academic school day, cell phones must remain off at all times. Consequences for cell phone use will mirror the district’s official policy.
- TLC Attendance Recovery will be held daily, upon request. Students must reserve a seat by submitting the Google form (see TLC webpage at https://www.stcharles.k12.la.us/domain/1938) to reserve a seat. See the back of this page for more details.
- Participation in the TLC program is a privilege. It is expected that students follow all rules set for TLC by the DHS Administration. Students who cause disruptions to the TLC program will be suspended for a period of at least 2 weeks. Parents will be notified. After one suspension, students risk losing TLC privileges for the remainder of the year.
More TLC INFO:
TLC Locations and Times 2019-20
All TLC sessions are located in the horseshoe!
TLC Tutoring and Homework Help (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays – no reservation needed)
- Computer Lab - A17 2:30 – 4:30
- Math: grades 9 – 11 - A20 2:30 – 4:30
- Science (Tues only), Science ACT (Wed only)- A22 2:30 – 4:30
- Math: Advanced Math, Calculus - A24 2:30 – 5:30
- English (small computer lab) - A26 2:30 – 4:30
- Social Studies / Testing Center - A27 2:30 – 4:30 *All testers must sign into subject area room first
- Foreign Language/ELL - A28 2:30 – 3:30
- Attendance Recovery (by reservation only) - Library 2:30 - 4:30
TLC Attendance Recovery – Library (by reservation only)
- Reserve your make-up time on the Google form on the TLC webpage.
- Starts in October 2019 after midterms
- Check with the Attendance Secretary about the academic time you must “recover.”
- You must do academic work at TLC to “make up” school time. You MUST bring work to do or you cannot “recover” your academic time!
- NOTE: 1 (extra) missed school day = 6 hours of academics missed = 3 TLC days
TLC ACT Prep (2:30 – 4:30)
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays: Math – A23 or A 24
- Wednesdays : Science - A22 (2:30 – 3:30)
- Thursdays: English and Reading – A23
Freshman Credit Recovery (Sessions offered quarterly starting in Q2) – 1st floor of B building
- Freshman who failed a core class will meet with admin or counselors to get info about remediation.
- If remediation is successful, failing grades can be “recovered” to a 67D.
LEAP2025 Remediation (any time, any day)
- Materials and instruction available daily. Come to TLC any day to get help.
IBC Remediation (various times of the semester)
- IBC teachers determine remediation schedules for required re-testing. Communicate with your teachers!
Note to teachers: Testing cover sheets and ILP forms to be housed in each teacher area. TLC personnel will pick up your tests from the MAIN TEACHERS's LOUNGE at dismissal daily. You can always bring your tests to TLC personally.