The deadline to register for the eLearning Program Option has passed. If your child is enrolled in the eLearning Program, please reference the eLearning Program Handbook found on the page to the left.
Since the deadline has passed and staffing has been determined, registration for the eLearning program is open to those only with extenuating circumstances.
Definition of Extenuating Circumstances for eLearners
The following students meet medical extenuating circumstances criteria:
- Student has a diagnosed medical condition documented by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Doctor or nurse practitioner recommends virtual learning.
To fill out an extenuating circumstances form:
- Obtain the form from the receptionist at the School Board Office located at 13855 River Road in Luling.
- Complete the request form and turn in the form and required medical documentation to the Director of the Child Welfare and Attendance Department.
Please be advised that completing the form does NOT guarantee acceptance into the eLearning Program. The Child Welfare and Attendance Department will contact families to inform them of the registration status.
The school system reserves the right to return an e-Learning student to the home-based school for in-person learning if it is in the student’s best interest for academic and social-emotional success.
Any questions on eLearning for those who are currently enrolled and approved to be in the program should be directed to the home-based school.
Other options in lieu of virtual learning in St. Charles Parish Public Schools:
The following options are available for students seeking virtual learning who do not qualify for eLearning extenuating circumstances:
- Home Study – Louisiana Department of Education’s website (louisianabelieves.com)
- Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy (https://lavca.k12.com)
- Louisiana Connections Academy (https://www.connectionsacademy.com)