Dual Enrollment courses allow a high school student to earn both high school and college credit simultaneously.
Hahnville High School students have the potential to earn dual enrollment credits through a variety of courses, many of which are taught by St. Charles Parish Public School faculty. If you wish to take a dual enrollment course, please visit the Dual Enrollment Instructions to find out your next steps.
General Dual Enrollment Information can be found here: https://ladualenrollment.com/
Minimum Eligibility Requirements from the LA Board of Regents
Academic courses: Students who want to participate in dual enrollment for the 2023-2024 academic year may be eligible to enroll in academic courses on the Articulation Matrix if they meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA, as determined by the high school, AND
- Subject-specific demonstration of readiness in Mathematics (for mathematics and science courses) or English (for English, foreign language, history, social science, humanities, or arts survey courses) through either:
Technical courses: Most technical courses require:
- Age 15 and up (younger by exception)
- Good standing in high school
- Meets general college admission requirements
- Safety standards, if needed