Southern Images Photography will photograph all students receiving their diplomas on graduation night. Our photographer will be on stage with graduates capturing this moment. All images may be viewed online at: Southernimages.zenfolio.com (enter site and click on order online). Viewing will be available 3 days after graduation.
You may order portraits online, but if you pay in advance, portrait prices are discounted.
8066 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Jostens will be at HHS on:
- Tuesday, April 12 - 2:30 - 5:00 pm to distribute senior supplies. All orders must be paid in full to be picked up. Senior supplies not picked up will have to be picked up in Baton Rouge.
- Wednesday, February 16th - Lunches to take orders and payments for junior rings and graduation supplies. You can also order and make payments online at Jostens.com.
- Thursday, January 27th - Lunches to take orders and payments for senior supplies and junior rings. This is the last time Jostens is scheduled to be at Hahnville. Please make every effort to take care of the remaining orders and payments on this day.
- Thursday, December 16th - Lunches
- Wednesday, December 8th - Lunches & 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Saturday, December 4th - 8:00 am - 12:00 noon (During senior pictures)
- Informational packets will be distributed to students in November.
Be advised that graduates MUST purchase a cap and gown from Jostens in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Cap and gowns from previous years MAY NOT be used. All orders placed will require an $80.00 deposit.
The graduation cap and gown may NOT be altered/decorated in ANY WAY.
DATE: MONDAY, MAY 16, 2022
PLACE: HAHNVILLE HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
TIME: 9:30 AM (APPROX. 2 HOURS)
DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2022
PLACE:PONTCHARTAIN CENTER, KENNER LA
TIME: 6:00 PM - DOORS OPEN AT 4:30 PM - THE DOORS WILL CLOSE AND NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CEREMONY SPACE WHILE THE GRADUATES ENTER. THE DOORS WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR APPROXIMATELY 15-20 MINUTES.
**Due to limited seating, every person (including children & babies) will need a ticket (wristband) to be admitted. All tickets (wristbands) will be given out after MANDATORY graduation practice.
Ticket information will be given out after senior grades have been verified. All guests attending graduation (including babies and children) must have a ticket to enter. Tickets will be given out at graduation practice on Monday, May 16, 2022. No additional tickets will be given.
Graduation Dress Code
GRADUATION CAP AND GOWN
- All graduates must purchase a cap and gown from Jostens to participate in the graduation ceremony. Beginning 2020, graduates’ caps and gowns will be different from previous years.
- Graduation caps and gowns may NOT be altered/decorated in ANY WAY.
- Only graduation cords given by school approved clubs/organizations will be allowed to be worn during the graduation ceremony.
- The graduation cap should be pulled halfway down over the forehead so that the upper part of the forehead is covered. The sides of the cap should be equidistant from the top center of the head. The cap must not be worn at an angle.
- Wear the tassel on the right. After receiving the diploma, change the tassel to the left.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE EXPECTATIONS - As graduation is a formal occasion, we have the following expectations for attire under the graduation gown
- Allowed - All Graduates
- Dresses – no shorter than 2 inches above the knee in the front and back when walking
- Pant Suits
- Dress Jumpsuits
- Dress Pants
- Collared shirt with a tie – be aware that your collar will show above your gown and that white collared shirts may be the least noticeable in your graduation picture.
- Dress Shoes must be worn
- Not Allowed
- Tennis/Athletic shoes
IMPORTANT UPDATES ABOUT GRADUATION FROM THE PONTCHARTRAIN CENTER
- The Pontchartrain Center WILL BE implementing a bag size requirement and bag check as all guests enter.
- A guest may NOT bring in a bag larger than 14 inches by 14 inches.
- Guests will be allowed to enter the Pontchartrain Center at 4:30 pm.
- Please arrive early and be prepared to have ALL bags checked. There will be a line for guests without bags. In an effort to get everyone into the ceremony area in a timely manner, please bring as little as possible.
- The doors will close at 6:00 pm while the graduates enter the ceremony area. The doors will NOT re-open until after the graduates are all seated and the pledge and presentation of colors have been completed.
***All information is subject to change.***
Cap & Gown Picture Information
Cap and Gown Graduation/Yearbook Pictures
The deadline for ordering cap and gown pictures has been extended to January 28th. You can drop off your order forms in the main office.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS WILL BE ENFORCED
Everyone must wear a mask and remain 6 feet apart. Only the student is allowed in the auditorium.
Date: Saturday, December 4th in the auditorium
Time Schedule: Students will follow this schedule according to their LAST
A - B 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
C 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
D - F 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
G - J 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
K - M 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
N - R 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
S - V 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
W - Z 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Guys are to wear a solid white, collared shirt with a black tie.
- Girls are to wear a top that does not show above the collar of the gown.
- This opportunity to take your cap and gown photo for the yearbook is provided free of charge. If you miss this date and go to the studio to take your yearbook photo, a session fee will apply.
***If you choose to take your graduation picture with another photographer, a digital image must be submitted to the yearbook staff or Mr. Lanier by February in order for it to be included in the yearbook (only the pose holding the cap will be accepted).