Jostens will return to HHS on the following dates during lunches to take orders and payments.November 7thJanuary 9thFebruary 6thMarch 5thApril 9th
8066 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Senior Packets will be given to potential graduates during SSC. The packet will include information about ordering senior supplies and dates when Jostens will be at HHS.
A $100 deposit is required when placing an order for senior supplies. The remaining balance must be paid in full prior to receiving cap/gown, announcements, etc. in April.
Please make every effort to place your order on one of these dates. You can also visit Jostens.com to view merchandise and place orders.
Jostens will be at HHS on:
- Thursday, October 12 - 10:30 am - 5:30 pm in the commons area
- Saturday, October 7 (Also senior picture day) - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
Be advised that graduates MUST purchase a cap and gown from Jostens in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Cap and gowns from previous years MAY NOT be used. All orders placed will require an $100.00 deposit.
The graduation cap and gown may NOT be altered/decorated in ANY WAY.
PLACE: HAHNVILLE HIGH SCHOOL COMMONS AREA
TIME: 2:30 PM - 4:3O PM
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2024
PLACE: HAHNVILLE HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
TIME: 9:30 AM (APPROX. 2 HOURS)
HHS GRAD WALK
DATE: MONDAY, MAY 13, 2024
PLACE: STARTS AT HHS - VISIT FEEDER SYSTEM SCHOOLS
TIME: 11:00 AM (APPROX. 2 HOURS)
GRADUATES MUST PRE REGISTER BY THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2024 AT 12:00 PM (NOON) USING A GOOGLE FORM THAT IS POSTED IN THE GRADUATION GOOGLE CLASSROOM. POTEINTAL GRADUATES WILL BE INVITED TO THE GRADUATION GOOGLE CLASSROOM IN FEBRUARY 2024.
DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2024
PLACE:PONTCHARTAIN CENTER, KENNER LA
TIME: 6:00 PM - DOORS OPEN AT 4:30 PM - THE DOORS WILL CLOSE AND NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CEREMONY SPACE WHILE THE GRADUATES ENTER. THE DOORS WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR APPROXIMATELY 15-20 MINUTES.
**Due to limited seating, every person (including children & babies) will need a ticket (wristband) to be admitted. All tickets (wristbands) will be given out after MANDATORY graduation practice.
The number of graduation tickets each graduate will recieve will be determined after all senior grades have been verified. An announcment will be made on the Graduation Google classroom when a decision has been made.
All guests attending graduation (including babies and children) must have a ticket to enter.
Graduates do not need a ticket.
Tickets will be given out at graduation practice on Friday, May 10, 2024
No additional tickets will be given.
Graduation Dress Code
GRADUATION CAP AND GOWN
- All graduates must purchase a cap and gown from Jostens to participate in the graduation ceremony. Beginning 2023, graduates’ caps and gowns will be different from previous years.
- Graduation caps and gowns may NOT be altered/decorated in ANY WAY.
- Only graduation cords given by school approved clubs/organizations will be allowed to be worn during the graduation ceremony.
- The graduation cap should be pulled halfway down over the forehead so that the upper part of the forehead is covered. The sides of the cap should be equidistant from the top center of the head. The cap must not be worn at an angle.
- Wear the tassel on the right. After receiving the diploma, change the tassel to the left.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE EXPECTATIONS - As graduation is a formal occasion, we have the following expectations for attire under the graduation gown
- Allowed - All Graduates
- Dresses – no shorter than 2 inches above the knee in the front and back when walking
- Pant Suits
- Dress Jumpsuits
- Dress Pants
- Collared shirt with a tie – be aware that your collar will show above your gown and that white collared shirts may be the least noticeable in your graduation picture.
- Dress Shoes must be worn
- Not Allowed
- Tennis/Athletic shoes
IMPORTANT UPDATES ABOUT GRADUATION FROM THE PONTCHARTRAIN CENTER
- The Pontchartrain Center WILL BE implementing a bag size requirement and bag check as all guests enter.
- A guest may NOT bring in a bag larger than 14 inches by 14 inches.
- Guests will be allowed to enter the Pontchartrain Center at 4:30 pm.
- Please arrive early and be prepared to have ALL bags checked. There will be a line for guests without bags. In an effort to get everyone into the ceremony area in a timely manner, please bring as little as possible.
- The doors will close at 6:00 pm while the graduates enter the ceremony area. The doors will NOT re-open until after the graduates are all seated and the pledge and presentation of colors have been completed.
***All information is subject to change.***
Cap & Gown Picture Information
Senior Picture Proofs are now viewable! Each student was given a sheet with an access code to use for choosing a yearbook picture and placing an online order. Since we now have the convenience of online viewing, printed proofs will not be sent home. The deadline to order is October 21st.
Senior Picture retakes are scheduled for October 25th during both lunches. Unless a student was participating in a school-related function, there is a makeup fee of $25 due to Southern Images at the time the pictures are taken. Students should report to the gym for a retake/makeup picture during their lunch time.
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
Location: HHS Auditorium
Time Schedule: Students will follow this schedule according to their LAST
A - B 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
C 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
D - F 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
G - J 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
K - M 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
N - R 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
S - V 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
W - Z 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Guys are to wear a solid white, collared shirt with a black tie.
- Girls are to wear a top that does not show above the collar of the gown.
- This opportunity to take your cap and gown photo for the yearbook is provided free of charge. If you miss this date and go to the studio to take your yearbook photo, a session fee will apply.
***If you choose to take your graduation picture with another photographer, a digital image must be submitted to the yearbook staff or Mr. Lanier by February in order for it to be included in the yearbook (only the pose holding the cap will be accepted).