Engineering and Robotics Club
2019 Robotics Summer Camp:
1st-5th Grade: June 10-11th, 2019
6th-8th Grade: June 12, 2019
The HHS Engineering/Robotics Club is an organization that joins students together who are interested in either pursuing an engineering degree in college or has an interest in robotics. If you’re into math, science, and technology, this is the club for you! The majority of the fall semester is spent fundraising/learning about engineering and the spring semester is spent designing and building a robot to compete at the FIRST Regional Event, Bayou Regionals at the Pontchartrain Center.
FIRST Robotics - FRC combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, our team of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team "brand," hone teamwork skills, and build and program robots to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors. It’s as close to "real-world engineering" as a student can get.
- Meet and learn from professional engineers
- Design and build a robot
- Learn from peers and build lasting relationships with one another
- Work with adult mentors in a variety of fields
Parents are required to register their child for the Robotics Competition. Please follow the link below to complete the parent consent form.
- May 24, 2018 - Festival de Robotique - Baton Rouge, LA
- July 13-14 - Beach Bot Battle - Gulfport, MS
- August 24-25 - Red Stick Rumble - Baton Rouge, La
- January 5, 2019 - Kick Off Day
- February 19, 2019 - Stop Build Day
- March 2019 Arksansa Regional, Houston
- March 2019 - FIRST Robotics Bayou Regional
- April 2019 FIRST Robotics Championship - Houston, TX
Follow us on Twitter @Tigerbots2183