Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
December 12, 2018
The School Board approved:
- Board committee meeting minutes of November 12 and meeting minutes of November 14, 2018.
- First reading of revisions to Board Policy 4.01 – Equal Opportunity Employment.
- First reading of revisions to Board Policy 1.01 – Equal Educational Opportunities.
- Lowest base bid of $1,290,000 from Mayeux’s A/C & Heating, LLC for HVAC replacement at New Sarpy Elementary School.
- Bid of $185,765.40 from Kent-Mitchell Bus Sales & Service, Inc. to purchase a bus equipped to transport students with special needs and a bus equipped to transport Head Start students.
- Bid of 10 annual payments of $53,172.99 from Kent-Mitchell Bus Sales & Service, Inc. for the purchase of five school buses through a lease-purchase agreement.
- Proposal of $203,874.72 from AT&T for internet access and wide area network connection services.
- Accounts payable for November 2018 totaling $3,827,351.76.
- Election of Dennis Naquin as the 2019 President of the Board.
- Election of Sonny Savoie as the 2019 Vice-President of the Board.
- Shanon Shaw – Hahnville High School Counselor
- Stevie Stillinger – Central Office, Child Welfare and Attendance Student Advocate
- A Hahnville High School student’s design was selected as the school system’s official Christmas Card.
- Five high school students were named to the LHSAA All-Academic Class/Division Team.
- Four Hahnville High School students were named to the All-District Volleyball First Team.
- Fourteen high school students were named to the All-District Football First Team.
- Eleven high school students were named to the All-State Honor Choir.
- Twenty-five high school students were named to the District VII Honor Coir.
- Stephen Robicheaux, a Destrehan High School employee, was named the District 7-5A Football Coach of the Year.
- The Hahnville High School Volleyball Team is the District Champion.
- The Destrehan High School Football Team is the District Champion.
- Tune in to Channel 8 during the Christmas Break to view Christmas programs hosted by schools throughout December.
- Schools will be closed December 21 through January 2 for the Christmas Holiday.