School Board Approves Revised School Calendar
At tonight’s (November 4, 2020) special School Board Meeting, the St. Charles Parish School Board approved a revised 2020-2021 school session calendar. This was necessary in order to recoup some of the nine (9) lost instructional days due to Hurricanes Laura, Marco, Sally, Delta and Zeta.
Modifications to the calendar have been made to maximize lost instructional minutes while considering the least possible disruption to student, employee, and family calendars. Due to Carnegie credit requirements for high school students and semester instructional minutes, the make-up days were required in the fall semester.
The revised calendar was approved as quickly as possible to give families an opportunity to make any needed arrangements. Modifications to the calendar include:
- Changing the end of the 3rd quarter for high schools from November 17 to November 19
- Adding November 23 and 24, 2020, as student attendance (school) days (previously these were days off due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Extending the fall semester to January 8, 2021
- Eliminating the following early release days for elementary and middle schools, which are now full school days:
- January 15 and February 5, 2021
- Eliminating the following early release days for high schools, which are now full school days:
- January 27, February 10, March 3 and April 21, 2021
The revised calendar, which also includes previous revisions from the September 23 School Board Meeting as a result of Hurricanes Sally, Marco and Laura, is linked below and is available on the "calendar" page.
This has been a challenging year with school closures due to an active hurricane season. We have tried to revise the calendar to keep as many previously scheduled dates in place as possible. We recognize that making changes to the calendar at this time are inconvenient, but we appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this most unusual year.
Thank you for your continued support.