Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
December 16, 2020
The School Board approved:
- Resolution in memory of Leotha Alexander who served as a bus operator in St. Charles Parish Public Schools for 26 years.
- Resolution granting appointment of Napoli and Scholnik, PLLC for special counsel services.
- Board committee meeting minutes of November 16, meeting minutes of November 18, and special insurance meeting minutes of November 30, 2020.
- First reading of proposed 2021-2022 school session calendar.
- Revised 2020-2021 Student Code of Conduct: District Handbook.
- Extension of leave options for employees provided by Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA) through June 30, 2021, if the federal government does not extend the current act.
- Second reading and adoption of revisions to Board Policy 1.29 – Non-Title IX Sexually Related Student Misconduct.
- Second reading and adoption of revisions to Board Policy 1.31 – Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Second reading and adoption of Policy 4.30 – Employment of Retired Personnel.
- First reading of revisions to Policy 2.16 – Board Meetings.
- First reading of revisions to Policy 2.34 – Superintendent.
- Reappointment of Stephanie Gullage and Rosemary Sanders to the Lafon Performing Arts Center Endowment Board.
- Accounts payable for November 2020 totaling $2,865,545.
- Comprehensive annual financial audit for FY19-20.
- Election of Melinda Bernard as the 2021 Board President.
- Election of Alex Suffrin as the 2021 Board Vice President.
- Caroline Abadie – Luling Elementary School, Title I Reading Interventionist
- Maeson Martindale – Mimosa Park Elementary School, Title I Reading Interventionist
- Jasmine McBride – New Sarpy Elementary School, Title I Reading Interventionist
- Zusel Nabut – St. Rose Elementary School, School Office Specialist
- Mendy Van Hoven – Special Education Department of Central Office, IDEA Liaison
Board and Superintendent’s Recognition
- Casey Smith, a Hahnville High School student, won the 2020 SCPPS Christmas Card Contest.
- Elizabeth Hardy, a Hahnville High School student was named to the Academic All-State Volleyball Team.
- Five school system students were named to the Volleyball All-District First Team.
- Fifteen school system students were named to the Football All-District First Team.
- Six Hahnville High School students were named to the Cross Country All-District First Team.
- Edward Borgstede, a Destrehan High School coach, was named the District Volleyball Coach of the Year.
- Marcus Scott, a Destrehan High School employee, was named the District Football Coach of the Year.
- Destrehan High School Volleyball Team is the District Champion.
- Hahnville High School Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams are District Champions.
- Destrehan High School Football Team is the District Champion.
- Congratulations to the Destrehan Wildcat Football Team, coaches, players, and support personnel on an outstanding season!
- School holiday programs will air on Channel 8 during the Christmas Break and be available on the district’s Vimeo channel.
- Schools will be closed December 21, 2020 – January 3, 2021, in observance of the Christmas/New Year Holidays.