Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
July 14, 2021
The School Board approved:
- Resolution in memory of deceased students Nakyrie Frederick, a seventh grader at Harry Hurst Middle School, and Ryan Edward Thibodeaux, an eighth grader at J.B. Martin Middle School.
- Board committee meeting minutes of June 21 and budget hearing and meeting minutes of June 23, 2021.
- Purchase of excess workers’ compensation insurance from Midwest Employers Casualty at a cost of $126,259.
- Purchase of faithful performance bonds at a cost of $10,550.
- Purchase of student accident and catastrophic insurance from Ameritus Life Insurance Corporation and Great American Insurance Company from Risk Services of Louisiana, Inc. at a cost of $103,392.
- The St. Charles Parish Public Schools 2021-2022 Student Code of Conduct: District Handbook.
- Resolution to adopt millage rates for the 2021 tax year.
- Second reading and adoption of revisions to Board Policy 5.74 – Purchasing and Bidding.
- Accounts payable for June 2021 totaling $4,856,882.
- Latricia Bell – Harry Hurst Middle School, Custodian
- Eddie Dupre – Maintenance Department, HVAC Technician
- Kendell George – Hahnville High School, Assistant Principal
- Darrinisha Gray – Central Office, Director of Risk Management and Benefits
- Antoinette Linker – Special Education Department, Instructional Facilitator
- Ernesto Mora – Transportation Department, Vehicle Mechanic
- Tracy Ortiz – G.W. Carver Early Learning Center, Custodian
- Lacey Powers – Media Center, Title I Coordinator
- Todd Schulz – Hahnville High School, Head Softball Coach
- Akema Taylor – Transportation Department, Dispatcher
- The Stronger Start 2021 Family Guide will be emailed to families soon.
- The InBox containing important school and district documents will be given to each student at the beginning of the school year.
- The Annual St. Charles Parish Youth Rally will be held July 31 in the Dr. Rodney R. Lafon Performing Arts Center’s parking lot.
- Community Education will return to face-to-face classes this fall.