Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
September 22, 2021
The School Board approved:
- Board committee meeting minutes of August 16 and meeting minutes of August 18 and September 6, 2021.
- Resolution authorizing emergency authority to the Superintendent to temporarily modify policy and procedures relative to Board Policy 3.0 – Curriculum and Instruction Program.
- Bid authorization request for the purchase of up to four school buses through a lease-purchase agreement.
- Bid authorization request for the purchase of up to three school buses to transport students with special needs.
- Hiring of clerical support for the Director of Risk Management and Benefits at an annual cost of $57,780-$64,309 (salary plus benefits).
- Extension of the Xerox contract at the current rate and terms through June 30, 2022, at a cost of $197,480.
- Resolution giving preliminary approval for the issuance of Hurricane Recovery Revenue Bonds.
- Accounts payable for August 2021 totaling $5,679,186.
- Sandi August – Westbank Pupil Appraisal, School Social Worker
- Jamaal Green – Lakewood Elementary School, Custodian
- Roch Madere – Satellite Center, Digital Media Teacher
- Jordan Reid – Satellite Center, TV Production Teacher
- Leslie Winn – Maintenance Department, Groundskeeper
- Schools will reopen in a phased approach with Phase 1 students tentatively returning the week of October 4, Phase 2 students the week of October 11, and Phase 3 students the week of October 25.
- Destrehan and Hahnville High Schools will temporarily platoon on alternating days at Hahnville High School until repairs are complete at Destrehan High School, and transportation will be provided for both sets of students to Hahnville High School.