Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
May 11, 2022
The School Board approved:
- Proclamation promoting the 2022 United Way of St. Charles 5K Bridge Run.
- Budget review committee meeting minutes of April 25, committee meeting minutes of April 25, board meeting minutes of April 27, and insurance committee meeting minutes of May 2, 2022.
- Request for qualifications for flood insurance brokerage.
- Request for qualifications for liability insurance brokerage.
- Appointment of Leigh Baltazar to the Board of Trustees for the Ethel Schoeffner Scholarship Fund for June 1, 2022, through June 30, 2025.
- Renewal of term for Hope Barnhill to the Board of Trustees for the Ethel Schoeffner Scholarship Fund for July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2025.
- Loyalty and recruitment payments to permanent part-time and full-time employees ($1,500 one-time payment on May 31, 2022, and an additional $2,000 one-time loyalty/recruitment payment in October 2022).
- Ten percent pay raise in addition to any state-funded pay increases for permanent part-time and full-time employees beginning FY 2022-2023.
- Pay raises for substitutes beginning FY 2022-2023.
- Resolution authorizing the incurring of debt and issuance of bonds and promulgates canvassing of the April 30, 2022, election returns.
- Proposal of Capital One Bank to serve as the board’s fiscal agent for July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2025 at an approximate annual cost of $14,000.
- Revised general fund, special revenue funds, debt service funds, capital projects, and lunch fund budgets.
- Accounts payable for April totaling $5,327,909.
- Second reading and adoption of revisions to Board Policy 1.03 – School Admissions.
- Second reading and adoption of revisions to Board Policy 5.89 – Work-Related Personal Vehicle Use.
- Updated staffing plan for the Transportation Department at a cost of $1,223.
- Job description revisions.
- Resolution to establish the 2021 Redistricting Plan with precincts updated by the St. Charles Parish Council.
- Proposal from Quality Disaster Recovery Services, LLC for emergency janitorial and restoration services.
- Rejection of proposal from Creative Improvements, Inc. for emergency construction of building components and/or grounds.
- Two Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School students placed first at the Louisiana State Social Studies Fair.
- Maci Bergeron, a Hahnville High School student, placed second at the State Literary Rally.
- Three Hahnville High School students placed first at the District 7 Track Meet.
- Two high school students were named to the Bayou/River All-District Golf First Team.
- Two Hahnville High School students were named to the LHSCA West All-Star Softball Team.
- Eight Hahnville High School students were named to the All-District Softball First Team.
- Nine high school students were named to the All-District Baseball First Team.
- Chris Mire, a Destrehan High School employee, was named the District Baseball Coach of the Year.
- Todd Schulz, a Hahnville High School employee, was named the District Softball Coach of the Year.
- The Destrehan High School Boys Basketball Team is the District Champion.
- The Destrehan High School Boys and Girls Track Teams are District Champions.
- The Destrehan High School Baseball Team is the District Champion.
- The Hahnville High School Softball Team is the undefeated District Champion.
- Twenty-two school system employees are members of the LEAD SCP: Cohort 4.
- Five school system employees are LEAD SCP: Cohort 4 Planners.
- Hahnville High School’s Graduation will be held on Wednesday, May 18, and Destrehan High School’s Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2022.
- Students in third through eighth grades will take the LEAP 2025 between May 11-20.
- High school students enrolled in LEAP courses will take the LEAP assessments between May 16-18.
- The school system has incurred a total of $27,695,079 in Hurricane Ida recovery expenses.
- Hahnville High School Softball Team is the District Champion and made it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs.
- Three Hahnville High School students finished in the top six in the state for track.
- Two Hahnville High School students qualified for the state tennis tournament.
- Destrehan Softball Team made it to the first round of the playoffs.
- Destrehan High School Baseball Team is the District Champion and made it to the second round of the playoffs.
- May 25-27 will be early dismissal days for all students. The last day of school is Friday, May 27.
- Schools and the School Board Office will be closed Monday, May 30 and will begin a four-day work schedule until July 18.