Return to Headlines
Just the Facts!
September 21, 2022
The School Board approved:
- Resolution in memory of Darlene Simmons who served as a child nutrition technician for 17 years in St. Charles Parish Public Schools.
- Proclamation declaring October 10-14, 2022, as the dates to observe National School Lunch Week.
- Proclamation encouraging recognition of October 17-21, 2022, as National School Bus Safety Week.
- Proclamation declaring October as United Way Month in St. Charles Parish Public Schools.
- Board committee meeting minutes of August 15, meeting minutes of August 17, and budget review committee meeting minutes of August 22, 2022.
- Renewal of Medicare Advantage Plan from Humana at an approximate cost of $3,029,076.
- Renewal of general liability insurance package at a cost of $483,080.37 - $589,500.
- Bid authorization request for canopy replacement at Mimosa Park Elementary School.
- Bid authorization request for gym roof replacement at Hahnville High School.
- Bid authorization request for the purchase of up to nine school buses.
- Change order number one for Hurricane Ida damages restoration at the Professional Learning Center resulting in a credit of $10,966.81.
- Change order number one for Hurricane Ida damages restoration of roof at New Sarpy Elementary School at a cost of $16,865.85.
- Change order number one for Hurricane Ida damages restoration of Building A at Destrehan High School at a cost of $29,885.65.
- Change order number one for Hurricane Ida damages restoration of Building B at Destrehan High School at a cost of $6,654.50.
- Change order number one for stadium lights for Destrehan and Hahnville High Schools.
- Substantial completion of stadium lights project for Destrehan and Hahnville High Schools.
- Accounts payable for August 2022 totaling $9,060,919.
- Craig Howat, a Satellite Center employee, received a Service Learning Award of $2,950 from STEM Library Lab.
- Kelisha Washington, a Head Start employee, received a We Inspire Smart Eating Direct Education Intervention Grant of approximately $4,000.
- Christie Williams, an Albert Cammon Middle School employee, is a Shell Science Lab Regional Winner and received a professional development support package of $10,000.
- The school system’s bag protocol for athletic events and frequently asked questions are available at https://www.stcharles.k12.la.us//site/default.aspx?PageID=5731.
- Shannon Diodene, principal of Norco Elementary School, is the 2022 Principal of the Year for St. Charles Parish Public Schools.
- Schools will be closed October 10-11 for Fall Break.
- The Satellite Center Health Science classes are partnering with the American Cancer Society to educate the community and raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research.
- The Satellite Center will host an open house for the community on October 19.
- Administrator of Safety, Security, and Athletics Kade Rogers highlighted some of the measures in place to support safe and secure campuses.